Original topic:

Malware notifications after software update on my Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created: 10-14-2021 12:12 PM)
ARebert
Constellation
Options
Note20

Hello, first time asking anything here,  so this morning my note 20 ultra had an update available,  I of course updated.  Now all day I've gotten at least 100 notifications from Google and others about malware,  phone reported for spamming etc. When I finally clicked on one mentioning a Trojan horse it takes me to an ad for cleaning my phone,  after a few of these I looked further in.  A 7 day free trial is offered,  only with my credit card info added.  I can not seem to get these to stop.  Tried to utilize my Samsung phone security with knox,  no luck.   I've heard briefly of Samsung max however I can't seem to find anything on it today.  Please help

0 Likes
5 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@ARebert Unfortunately what is happening to you is that you are getting a fake notification of malware designed to entice you to click on something to solve it. It is one trick the spammers use to get someone trapped into their scheme. This is either coming from a site you visited in your browser or a 3rd party app that you have installed. 

If you boot in safe mode and see none of these warnings while booted in safe mode, you know that it is a 3rd party software or site causing it. 

You can also use Samsung's "Nice Catch" and "NotiStar" to help track down the culprit. These are both part of Samsung's "Good Lock". 

ARebert
Constellation
Options
Note20
Thank you for the information. I will try the safe mode now. And look up the others
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Note20

perfect answer from LongHiker. 😄

If you don't find what you need from the suggestion, you could try getting help from Samsung Members after you see another spam notifications.

0 Likes
Bandit682
Astronaut
Options
Note20
If those apps dont work try malwarebytes
0 Likes
ARebert
Constellation
Options
Note20
Thank you. So far seems to have stopped 99% of traffic I was receiving.
0 Likes