Original topic:

Need help unlocking my bootloader

(Topic created: 10-24-2021 01:52 PM)
JDW588
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Was wondering if someone could help me unlock my bootloader. Would like full use of my device without paying for it. I've already paid enough for the phone, thanks. 

0 Likes
7 Replies
StimmyPizza
Nebula
Options
Note20
You're better off googling this because of how many steps there are and a few different programs you'll need to download. For example- TWRP, Odin, Lineage OS etc.

Fair warning tho, rooting voids your warranty. And if you're leasing/making payments to your carrier for the phone rooting will break your contract
0 Likes
JDW588
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I'm not new to the things it'll take to get it done. I've been working on phones, and rooting android for a minute. Just want to know how to unlock my bootloader myself without having to pay someone. I bought this phone, I should be able to unlock it and use whatever OS I choose.
0 Likes
StimmyPizza
Nebula
Options
Note20
You have to buy the phone unlocked then or wait however long the carriers unlocking policy states.
0 Likes
JDW588
Astronaut
Options
Note20
It's not carrier locked. The bootloader is locked. (OEM Unlock)
0 Likes
MutatedRam
Comet
Options
Note20
You may not even be able to unlock it depending what variant you have
0 Likes
JDW588
Astronaut
Options
Note20
There a guy that can do it for 150, but why should I have to pay someone for something I should already be able to do, I own the phone, why can't I put my own OS on it?
0 Likes
MutatedRam
Comet
Options
Note20
I agree with you :hundred_points:
0 Likes