JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy A03s camera app suddenly has two overlapping shutter buttons

(Topic created: 01-02-2024 09:08 PM)
DaveZiffer
Halo
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Today I was taking some photos with my A03s camera app. I was using PRO mode with a the ISO set to 800. After taking my third picture with this setting, my camera app suddenly had two overlapping shutter buttons. This button pair now appears in all modes in which one takes still photos (PHOTO, MACRO, PORTRAIT, PRO, PANORAMA, FOOD) but is not present when producing a VIDEO or a HYPERLAPSE; in these latter cases, the button (with one or another red center) looks normal. I tried clearing the cache of the camera app and then restarting the phone, but neither of these either separately or together fixes the problem. I have no idea whether my use of PRO mode stimulated this change.

Samsung Camera Double Button.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The floating shutter button appears to be turned on. You should be able to drag that extra button anywhere on the screen that is convenient for you.

To turn it off, tap the gear icon in the upper left corner.

Tap "Shooting methods". There should be a toggle for the floating shutter button.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The floating shutter button appears to be turned on. You should be able to drag that extra button anywhere on the screen that is convenient for you.

To turn it off, tap the gear icon in the upper left corner.

Tap "Shooting methods". There should be a toggle for the floating shutter button.
DaveZiffer
Halo
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you so much for telling me about this. I find it very disturbing that it is possible to turn on this feature by accident, without even knowing what it is, and to also make the setting for turning it off so strangely hidden. I've had my Samsung phones for ten weeks now and they are still driving me crazy with their bizarre UI choices and their overwhelming features that I don't need. Just ranting here on an somewhat unrelated subject:

My old LG phones had "Screen Shot" in their top pulldown menus. I don't use screen shots often, but when I need one I need one (for example to capture an image of a ticket I've bought). Samsung phones don't have "Screen Shot" installed at either level of pull-down, not even the deep one. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out some reasonable way of getting a screen shot other than carefully momentarily holding down the "power" and "volume down" buttons. There are YouTube videos talking about this, so obviously I'm not the only one annoyed by this insanity. In place of the "Screen Shot" though, on first page of the deeper pull-down (on my two A54s) is "Screen Recorder", which takes movies of my screen activities. I cannot imagine who, other than a YouTuber making instructional videos, would use this. But there it is, right on the first page of the deep-level pulldown.

It took me ten weeks to figure out that I can edit the pulldown menus, and that hidden away among the non-installed items, is "Screen Shot". Seems like even the YouTubers haven't found this one yet. It is uninstalled by default despite there being plenty of space on the second page of the deep pull-down. Who at Samsung decided that people don't need to take screen shots any more, and that people want to take movies of their screen activities? It's inconceivable to me. There is something deeply strange going on at Samsung, and for me it is ruining my experience with these phones. I can't imagine what lunacy they'll come up with next in some future update; maybe I should just turn updates off, so I'm not shooting at a moving target.

Options
Other Mobile Devices
There are several ways to take screenshots with a Samsung phone, depending on what model you have.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00038721/

If your phone can run Good Lock and its NavStar plug-in (not mentioned on the above website), you can even add a button to your navigation bar. I usually use either this nav bar button or the one on the edge panel. I keep forgetting about the stuff on the quick panel.

I agree with you that Samsung needs to do a much better job at documenting all their fancy features. Unfortunately this has been a problem for several years and I doubt they'll improve any time soon.

I'm glad I could help you. Post back if your phone starts driving you crazy again. 🙂
DaveZiffer
Halo
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I truly appreciate your input, but there is clearly something deeply wrong at Samsung if I must watch videos or install specialized apps, with add-ons no less, in order to be able to take a screenshot.
0 Likes