Original topic:

Help with dual sim Samsung a54 5g

(Topic created: a month ago)
Ravengirl11
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My husband bought a new A54 5g phone and I asked him if he had a second number on the other sim. He said no. But the option of "Dual sim always on " is toggled on. Doesn't that mean he would have to have 2 separate numbers to use this feature? Message me if you don't want to reply on my post, please. 
14 Replies
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Dual Sims means you can have two Sims, each with their own phone number, like one for personal use and one for business use or 2 personal or 2 business. With dual Sims you can receive and make calls from two different phone numbers. I had dual Sims running for a while.

Cheers
3Fees
Hammer87
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Is the bill doubled or how does it work?
Ravengirl11
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'm not allowed to access the bill. He's the only one with the password and he says that I have no reason to need it.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The phone is capable of having two lines there is a physical sim and an e sim. Dual sim is always on, meaning one can add the additional number if desired. If you only see one sim active in sim manager, there is only one active number. If both sims are active, you and hubby need to have a discussion. I'm guessing you will only see one active sim, whether it's sim 1 or sim 2 depends on whther there's a physicsl sim or e sim.
Ravengirl11
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thank you. Your response is helpful. He gave me his phone to look at, but when I got to the sim manager some options were kind of grayed out and inaccessible. So I am not able to see the status of the Sims.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
With one sim you should see something like this. The only thing that would be greyed out on this screen, would be the active sim, because there is nothing to look at or change. If ther is only one sim, you would see the paragraph about adding the additional sim. If there are 2 active sims it would show primary and secondary and there would be a carrier and phone number in the other sim info section and no "+" to add one. As far as I know, there is no way to hide or bypass this page. You would have had to go through this page to get to the additional sim settings where you saw that dual sims were always on.

Also, in 'about phone' there would probably be 2 numbers listed on the info screen.

It's your personal life, but FYI, not allowing you to see the bill is a red flag, regardless of whether there is one number or two.1711966207891.jpg
Ravengirl11
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thank you, and I appreciate your help and concern. I'll see what I can find if I get his phone and I'll show you a picture of what I was seeing.
0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You can just open the Sim tray and see if there is two cards in there
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The dual sim on the A54 is one physical sim and one e-sim. The tray only has a slot for a single sim and an SD card.

0 Likes