JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung A54 5g: phone activates in pocket despite lock screen settings

(Topic created: 03-20-2024 01:34 PM)
sharky-pi
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I've tried to change my lock screens settings multiple times to remove anything which would allow the phone to activate accidentally (trusted places, on body) and yet, ALL THE TIME, I'll have my phone in my pocket, locked by pressing power key to turn screen off, and it'll pick up touches against my thing through my pocket and start randomly doing things like writing crazy messages, pocket dialling people, changing the playing music, etc.

I've removed widgets from the lock screen but it seems like it must activate the phone, unlock it, and then pick up random presses.

Any idea what I can check/do about this? I was annoyed about how sluggish the fingerprint login is, and was looking to try to change it to stay unlocked more (where I could just tap the power button to wake the screen) but now it unlocks despite no fingerprint nor face.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Did you turn on accidental touch protection? Did you disable double tap to turn on screen?

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Did you turn on accidental touch protection? Did you disable double tap to turn on screen?
sharky-pi
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yes and no respectively. I bet that's it. You legend, thank you.
0 Likes
Jaytree1
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Even with the accidental touch protection on, my phone dials and sends text messages. If I have it locked, it will screenshot for days and fill up my gallery, and it has actually dialed 911 once since I can't seem to turn the emergency dial feature off!

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Did you disable double tap to wake?  Is your side button set to take pictures? Do you have the camera widget on your lock screen?  if any/all of those are on, turn them off.  The 911 dialing is probably due to your side key being pressed 5 times in rapid succession, as can happen in a pocket.  You can turn off the Emergency SOS in settings/safety & Emergency/Emergency SOS.  You can then either enable "Require swipe to call,  start a countdown, play a warning sound (which is loud) and will alert you if you accidentally activate the emergency calling.  You can also choose which number to dial in an emergency (it does not have to be 911). If you are sure you will never need to activate the SOS, put in a fake number.  

However, your best bet might be to require the swipe and a long countdown, since if you don't swipe, the SOS won't go through if it was accidentally activated.  The warning sound might not be ideal because you may be in a movie or someplace where quiet is needed.  You cannot turn it off, you can only work around it.

Also, for many, many reasons, a pocket is not an ideal place for a phone, although I know that guys do that. They make belt holsters that you might want to investigate.

0 Likes