JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Gallery app defaults to creating albums in internal memory

(Topic created: 10-31-2023 09:36 AM)
DaveZiffer
Halo
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My wife & I just got two A54 phones. I installed SD cards in both. My primary purpose is to offload internal memory from storing photos. My wife creates lots of albums. When creating an album, the app presents a screen where  you enter:

1) the name of the new album

2) your storage preference (internal memory vs SD card)

Item 1 is very bright and it's the default field that you fill in. Item 2 is very dim and most people wouldn't even think that it's there. Item 2 defaults to "Internal Memory" even though we have SD cards installed and even though the Camera app defaults to the SD card. My wife will probably never realize that this option exists and should be changed to "SD Card", so she always ends up creating albums in internal memory and moving photos there, even though the Camera app defaults to storing them on the SD card.

My preferred fixes, in order of preference:

1) Gallery should default to using the Camera's default storage setting.

2) Gallery should have a Setting for the preferred location when creating new albums. This option should default to the Camera's default setting until such time as the Gallery's setting has been changed explicitly.

3) In the absence of the above, or even if you implement the above, when creating an album the storage location should be the first item on the menu, making it harder to miss.

Any hope of getting these changes?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes