JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Art Mode does not work with Apple TV on new 2024 models

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
userMuVKdNKkdi
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just purchased a new 2024 75" frame TV that auto updated to firmware 1059 and noticed that when I turn off my Apple TV using HDMI-cec, the TV turns off instead of going into Art Mode. I know this was an issue with the 2022 models, but I understand that it was fixed with firmware update 1602. Seeing as this is the primary reason I purchased the TV and using HDMI-cec is critical to many peoples home theater setup, I'm surprised that the new TV has reintroduced this old problem. The update happened out of the box so I didn't get a chance to test it first. Anyone else experiencing this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userMuVKdNKkdi
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

For posterity, I found a great workaround until Samsung fixes this. You can go into the smart things app and create a routine to turn on art mode when the tv is turned off. The transition is a bit awkward, but it seems to work reliably and allows me to use the Apple TV remote exclusively 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
userMuVKdNKkdi
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

For posterity, I found a great workaround until Samsung fixes this. You can go into the smart things app and create a routine to turn on art mode when the tv is turned off. The transition is a bit awkward, but it seems to work reliably and allows me to use the Apple TV remote exclusively 

crxporter
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is my 3rd frame tv in the house - being added to a pair of 2022 models. If Samsung doesn't fix this soon in a firmware update, I'll be returning the tv. They've broken my previous version frames temporarily with firmware then made things work again. Let's get this one working properly!

I never want the tv to turn off. I want it to work like the other two in my house, going to art mode after I'm done with Apple TV. 

Please Samsung - stop breaking this feature in firmware updates!

0 Likes