Original topic:

QN90A Dolby Atmos delay, Audio Passthrough grayed out

(Topic created: 03-23-2024 10:30 AM)
userng7moL6MZ0
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have my gaming PC hooked to my QN90A via HDMI 2.1 to HDMI4 and my Onkyo 7.1 receiver (In 5.1.2 mode) hooked to the E-Arc HDMI port.

I'm trying to get Dolby Atmos to work and it does indeed work and sounds great, but there is a good 400-600ms of delay. This is far beyond fixable within the TV and Receiver delay compensations combined. I can only compensate a total of 200ms. That is not enough.

I've read that the fix is to set the TV audio setting to Passthrough and this seems to have worked for many people, however that setting is grayed out and not selectable on my TV. I have read that it should be selectable for externally connected HDMI devices, which my PC is.

1 Reply
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! The reason that you are not seeing the passthrough option should be because you are not using the receiver as a passthrough device. You should have your pc connected to the receiver and outputting from the receiver to the TV. I know this may not be ideal when playing games as there may be some input delay. Please let me know if this helped!