Original topic:

QN90C Randomly turns on

(Topic created: 03-21-2024 12:42 PM)
sr301
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just picked up the TV a few days ago and realized it turns on seemingly on its own every few hours, most notable when I wake up and come home from work to find it on.  Initially I assumed it was a CEC issue and 1 by 1 disconnected all devices with no luck.  It still turned on to Ambient mode.

Finally I took extreme measures and disconnected everything and did a factory reset, stepped through setup and SKIPPED network setup.  This is essentially a dumb screen with only power connected to it at this point and it still happens.

Samsung support just keeps telling me to disable Power on with Mobile and then disconnects me after I remind them of the steps I've already taken.  Has anyone else seen this and can suggest anything else besides returning it and switching to a new brand?!

5 Replies
MelissaD
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame
Did you check the TV settings yo see if 'timer' has been initiated by mistake or inadvertently? Also. To disable 'power on with mobile' is also a TV setting. Disconnecting everything from the TV stops anything connected from operating but doesn't stop the TV's software settings from working which is why I think Samsung keeps telling you to disable it. Go to setting ON YOUR TV and make sure both 'power on with mobile' and 'timer' are disabled or unchecked. It may solve your problem.
0 Likes
sr301
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Unfortunately that doesn't solve the issue.  I have tried every suggestion I could come across both within the Samsung support section as well as online in general. This has already been relayed to Samsung Support who seem to disregard the steps I have already taken.

So far I have done the following with no change in this behavior:

- Disabled Power on with Mobile

- Disabled all Power and Energy Saving features

- Disabled Screen Saver

- Ensured all timers are 'off'

- Disabled Anynet+

- Removed SamsungPlus TV

- Disabled Start SmartHub

- Bypassed any surge protector / power strip

- Factory Reset

No matter what, the TV will always randomly turn on.  When I wake up in the moring, coming home from work, out running errands for a couple hours, the TV is always on when I return.

The TV always enters Ambient mode with this behavior.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your TV turning on. Just want to make sure does this occur with nothing connected to the TV. No HDMI sources or Soundbars just the TV by itself. 

0 Likes
sr301
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

That is correct, as you can see from my previous posts, the TV currently sits with a power cord connected an no network setup performed, that is the only thing connected and it still will randomly turn on. This TV will be returned.

0 Likes
sr301
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm going to mark my own post as an accepted solution since it's the only solution that has been offered by Samsung.

Even though the TV is new and I have Samsung Care+, ultimately I have determined there is a manufacturing issue and will be returning the TV.  Support/Care offered that I could purchase the TV again, unfortunately they wouldn't match the original price.  After escalating the ticket, I was told to return the TV, purchase the TV again at full price, and then contact support to get a refund of the difference, with the ineptitude support has shown, I'm not taking chances of whether or not I'd get that refund or not.

As much as I wanted to love this TV and know this is most likely a rare defect, I won't want to work with a company that handles a situation this poorly.

The solution in the end, return the TV and move on to a different brand.