Original topic:

Stutter/frame drop?

(Topic created: 11-28-2021 06:28 PM)
kevinfb
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
Have qn85a 75 inch. Certain shows have terrible stutter or Frame drop, i.e. picture seems to jump like it freezes for a millisecond and starts again. Turned off motion smoothing. Tried to adjust judder. No help. Called support twice and chatted. May as well have called Mars as that was useless. I have seen customers with the T model complain of similar issues but this is :da" neo qled model from Costco. About to return but would rather fix it as returning big TV is a pain. Anybody else have this issue or better yet, have a fix?
0 Likes
2 Replies
userrKeQd8ZU2S
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same exact issue with my AU8000, I have a comcast 4K cable box. It turned out that the tv does not like 4K 60 Frames per second or 1080p 60 frames per second. I forced the cable box on 4K 30 frames per second and it cleared it up.  Its a total joke, I cant figure out if the tv is the actual issue or a combability issue with comcast. I would be interested to know if you try this and it works for you. As an example CSI Vegas was the biggest offender of this stuttering. The other weird thing was if I watched the same program on comcast ondemand it would be as smooth as could be using 4K 60 frames per second on the cable box.

0 Likes
kevinfb
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
I have fios. Not sure if I can change this. Watched "baking it" last night. The whole show was incredibly jerky. And that is a new show on HD. Almost unwatchable. How can this be?
0 Likes