Original topic:

Can't make Picture in Picture smaller compared to the previous ONE UI 5?

(Topic created: 02-27-2024 03:44 PM)
ArticuIate
Halo
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Why does updating constantly change the size of the Picture in Picture? When I first got my Samsung, I could make the Picture in Picture smaller. I updated then and suddenly I couldn't. I updated again and I could make it smaller again and I was glad. I have now updated again to One UI 6 and I am unable to make it smaller again. Is there any kind of fix for this? Thanks
Step_cai
Astronaut
Options

I just had my update and it's true, I can't make PiP super small like before and now it takes much space especially when I'm in games. I hope there will be a solution to this. It's been one day and I'm missing it already. 

ArticuIate
Halo
Options
Exactly. It's annoying because they keep implementing it and then taking the feature away. They had it in, then the next update took it out, next update put it back in, and now, took it back out. I have a Samsung Galaxy Ultra and I find it getting in the way of the screen during gameplay. I can't imagine having a smaller screen and having the PiP in the way tbh
0 Likes
Keiz
Constellation
Options
In OneUI 6 the smallest size for shrinking PIP videos is MUCH larger than it was in OneUI 5, and takes up too much screen space now at the smallest size. In OneUI 5 the smallest size could actually the out of the way
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Try double tapping the pip. You may have inadvertently made it bigger.
0 Likes
Keiz
Constellation
Options
Gave that a shot, and unfortunately didn't change anything. Still can't get as small as it could in OneUI 5
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Here's mine. 1706838860903.jpg1706838860938.jpg
0 Likes
Keiz
Constellation
Options
In OneUi 5, it was able to shrink even smaller than the size on the left. It is likely they decided to make it limited for 6
0 Likes
Crystal619
Asteroid
Options
This is how small it would get on S23 ultra with OneUI 5. Part of why I refused to update it. Just upgraded to S24 ultra, primarily because I hate the curved edge screen. It has been driving me nuts having the PIP window take up over half the screen. Defeats the purpose of having something windowed so you can work on other things at the same time. 1708662528577.jpg
0 Likes
userQBh2xwxyxk
Asteroid
Options
I am so tired of playing this back and forth game with Samsung where they keep changing the minimum sizing you can have for Picture-in-Picture. It's like every 3 major updates they lock the smallest size to a much larger size and then go back on the edit within a few minor updates. I can't use it for productivity now, it takes up way too much of the screen, it's causing swipe fatigue just trying to orient it and move it around to see the app it is covering. Please, it was perfect the way it was before. This is absolutely ridiculous.
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Double tap it?1707552893936.jpg1707552899646.jpg
0 Likes