Original topic:

Can't make Picture in Picture smaller compared to the previous ONE UI 5?

(Topic created: 12-18-2023 03:07 AM)
ArticuIate
Halo
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Why does updating constantly change the size of the Picture in Picture? When I first got my Samsung, I could make the Picture in Picture smaller. I updated then and suddenly I couldn't. I updated again and I could make it smaller again and I was glad. I have now updated again to One UI 6 and I am unable to make it smaller again. Is there any kind of fix for this? Thanks
33 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Resizing a popup works the same as it did before. Either grab the bottom corner and drag to resize, or tap the top bar of the window and choose one of the options.
0 Likes
ArticuIate
Halo
Options
No, I meant the actual sizes of the PiP. Previously, I could make it incredibly small but now, there's a cap on the minimum size it can get to. I've seen many Reddit forums discussing it but no one's has had any solutions or fixes.
Jeremiah82
Comet
Options
Why would you need to resize PIP? That doesn't make sense. If you're watching YT, for instance, or a movie and trying to work in a separate app, usually PiP will automatically adjust accordingly whether you are in landscape or portrait mode.
0 Likes
blamsung
Constellation
Options

I genuinely don't think you understand what they're saying. You used to be able to resize PiP to an extremely small degree as to not intrude whilst you're doing other things. Saying "Why would you need to do that?" isn't constructive and doesn't solve the issue at all.

0 Likes
Jeremiah82
Comet
Options
Well, it is constructive, considering it didn't make any sense, smarty. PiP adjusts accordingly now. I don't understand why someone would need to make it smaller.
0 Likes
Jak1521
Asteroid
Options

I too have an issue with this. When I play certain games, I want the video I am watching to be as small as possible so as not to obstruct much of the game. The smallest size with recent updates is considerably larger than the smallest size many of us used all the time.

ArticuIate
Halo
Options
This. Sorry for the late response but yeah this is exactly my problem. I even have a Samsung Galaxy Ultra and it still gets in the way which is annoying since I was able to resize it smaller prior to this update. Before that one I couldn't but before even that one I could. It's like they keep implementing it and then taking it away which is annoying. I feel like if I had the Galaxy Fold it wouldn't be a problem but sadly, I do not.
0 Likes
Brnperes
Astronaut
Options

Just because you don't understand, doesn't mean it's not a real issue. 

I use my phone for work, with teams meetings on a pip while I look at additional content on a browser and docs. 

Before UI6, not only was I able to make the pip really small (so it didn't cover any content), but the content used to take the whole space of the pip.

Now, the pip has a minimum size that covers almost as much as the whole corner of the screen, but it's size is 30% bigger than the content itself. The teams window inside the pip has big empty spaces at the top and bottom.

Additionally, I just remembered that I was able to push the pip almost completely out of the screen. Now it bounces back into view. 

Again, maybe that's not a problem to you, but as the original poster mentioned, a lot of people here and on reddit are upset that they completely changed something so important for their productivity. And changed it for the worst. 

SongofWar
Astronaut
Options
Yes, I miss putting the PiP to very tiny. When I watch Netflix with my gf, I put it super tiny so I can watch shows with her.