Original topic:

Photos missing after Smart Switch transfer

(Topic created: 01-08-2022 03:56 PM)
useryBW2p3CcpJ
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I got the S21 in December, and I ended up transferring all of my stuff to the new phone twice because my text messages didn't transfer. Recently, I noticed that there were quite a few pictures missing from my gallery, but unfortunately I had wiped the old phone and sent it back. When I look in my Smart Switch app, it says that 2673 pictures were transferred but there are only 2409 pictures in my gallery. There's also a discrepancy in the amount of text messages transferred as well. Where did those missing photos go? Is there a way for me to use an external storage device to download what was transferred from Smart Switch app? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
5 Replies
user149533at39
Honored Contributor
Options
Were you using OneDrive or Google Drive or Photos or other cloud storage/sync /backup system?

Did you double-check SmartSwitch to ensure the count is 2673?

Did you ensure the S21 has enough storage space?
0 Likes
useryBW2p3CcpJ
Constellation
Options
Unfortunately I did not have a cloud storage back up system in place. Yes i have double checked the Smart Switch transfer results multiple times. Also yes it seems i have enough storage space on the S21.
0 Likes
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Good evening @useryBW2p3CcpJ  I hope you're doing well 

I'm sorry to hear that all the data you attempted to transfer via Smart Switch did not transfer. 

Regarding text messages from my experience; Smart switch will only allow up to two to three years of older texts transfered to a new device.  

Photos and videos and all other data have to be transfered in the moment so there wouldn't be away to transfer data that isn't showing up from an external device.  

0 Likes
userzcT1Bx7yvG
Asteroid
Options

Try using SMS backup and restore. It transfers more varieties of data than Smart Switch.  I had to use SMS B&R in order to get all my text messages transferred to my new phone because Smart Switch does not recognize RCS messages in it's programming. 

0 Likes
KekahaGirl
Astronaut
Options
I'm having the same problem with missing photos after my SmartSwitch switchover (nothing smart about that app now, didn't move over 50% of my important photos OR ANY of my texts)
0 Likes