Original topic:

Samsung Pass data not restored after a reset

(Topic created: 06-13-2024 02:49 AM)
Eshan
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently formated my device and restored all my data from samsung cloud but to my surprise, none of my passwords from samsung pass are restored. Can anyone help me with that?

0 Likes
2 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

Your Samsung pass passwords should be retained in your Samsung account, they are never saved to the phone.

If you are referring to credit cards not being in Samsung Wallet, they have to be re-added after each reset. It's a security measure and, I think, a bank requirement that cards not be stored in a central database.  They are only saved to each device that has an individual instance of Samsung Wallet.  The passwords, however, are stored in the cloud, so as @rpappu says, go to the settings and make sure Samsung Wallet is syncing with Samsung Cloud.  You should still be able to go in to your Samsung account online and view and edit your passwords, and they should be available for auto filling in your web browser, unless somehow your auto filling service got switched.  Go to settings, Google, Autofill and choose your auto fill service.

0 Likes
rpappu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Make sure Samsung wallet is syncing with Samsung Cloud in the settings of Samsung Wallet App.