Original topic:

Temporary Cricket SIM card changed all settings, cannot uninstall

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Members_dZ350w1
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I found an iphone in the middle of the street yesterday on my way home from work.  It had been run over about 1,000 times and was unusable, but it was still powered on.  I took it home to see if I could plug it in to my computer to mirror the screen and find the owner.

While it was on my desk it started ringing and, being unable to answer it, I removed the SIM card from it and put it in my Samsung Galaxy S10 with the hopes that they will call again.  I was able to return the phone to it's owner, but now when I boot up  my phone I get the Cricket logo and all of the sounds on my phone have been changed to Cricket sounds.  I uninstalled the 15+ games that it auto downloaded, but I can't uninstall myCricket (can only disable it).

My phone was originally an AT&T phone but it was unlocked and now I use Ultra Mobile for my service.  How can I get rid of this app?

0 Likes
3 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options

can you not uninstall from the Play Store? go to the Play Store on the web (play.google.com) and from there, uninstall the app.

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options

No good deed goes unpunished, eh?  Is there a chance calling cricket customer service or going to a store and explaining what happened will get you instructions on how to get rid of it?  Is it actually interfering with anything or is it just annoying to see Cricket every time you boot up?  Can you back up your phone using smart switch and tell it not to backup that specific app then factory reset your phone?

0 Likes
Members_dZ350w1
Constellation
Options

Only option is to disable, and when viewed in the play store the only option is Enable.
I had an idea to just put a different carriers SIM card that has it's own built in bloatware..  since it was originally an AT&T phone I am going to try one of those SIM cards.  Hopefully it changes it back over.

My current carrier, Ultra Mobile, doesn't bless it's customers with forced game downloads, total overhaul of system sounds, and hijack admin settings lol

0 Likes