JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart view aspect ratio setting does not work

(Topic created: 12-20-2020 03:31 AM)
useryJLPvwjft2
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have a Galaxy Tab S7 plus and the loating icon on smart view disappeared. Now I cannot adjust the screen aspect to my tv. On the settings the options needed are grey and I cannot activate the floating icon. i have tried everything. i think this happened when I bought a samsung serif tv to my summer house and installed the smart things app. Anyway, I have tried everything except factory reset, which I really do not want to do. Pls help.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
useryJLPvwjft2
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Aaaand...it worked!!! Thank you so much!! In fact, clearing the cashe and data did not work but I forced the app to close. Then as I re-opened all was good. I think it is way too difficult for a normal consumer to understand how to fix this kind of problem. Normally forcing to stop and opening again fixes problems. This one was complicated.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

I am sorry to hear about this. Have you tried clearing the cache and data on the Smart View app?

0 Likes
useryJLPvwjft2
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

This is the real problem: I do not have an app called Smart View. It should be in settings/apps but no.. Tried to find one from play store but there is no such app. Also tried to find a way to upgrade the system software but since it is already updated, I cannot do that. The smart view icon is in the system as I wipe down on the screen. I think the app disappeared in last update, that is the only explanation I have. I would not like to do a factory reset...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

When you go to Settings>Apps, you will need to tap the menu (3 dots, upper right) icon and select Show System Apps to find the Smart View app.

0 Likes
Solution
useryJLPvwjft2
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Aaaand...it worked!!! Thank you so much!! In fact, clearing the cashe and data did not work but I forced the app to close. Then as I re-opened all was good. I think it is way too difficult for a normal consumer to understand how to fix this kind of problem. Normally forcing to stop and opening again fixes problems. This one was complicated.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

I am glad it is working for you, and I apologize for forgetting about the Force Stop step in the reset.

0 Likes
useryJLPvwjft2
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

No probs. You made my day anyway.  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Happy to help!