JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Brand new front loader destroyed my nice clothes

(Topic created: 03-08-2024 06:01 PM)
AtlantaDogMom
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am really shocked this happened and need to share.  My new frontloader WFA5T6000AW A5 54 was doing great for its first month until this week.  I washed two items:  A cotton knit pajama set with a button front top, and a cotton/silk blend cardigan with a button front.  I washed them the same way separately, in short normal cycles, cold water, to tackle some stubborn stains.  Both items were very sturdy and not light-weight, thin, or delicate. The pajamas made it out alive, but my new, expensive-label cardigan did not.  I submit photos for your disbelief.  The buttons not only came OFF the cardigan, they were virtually *ripped out* by the washer leaving gaping holes in the fabric.  It's a knit and impossible to easily repair or reattach the buttons.  One button remained attached and there is nothing unusual about how it was sewn on.  The sweater was inspected before I purchased it and I have verified it was intact and in good condition.  I need to be reimbursed for the sweater as I just bought it and it had only been in the wash this one time and never worn.  I'm heartbroken and want Samsung to address this.  I'm 65 and I have washed silks, cashmere and other natural fiber garments most of my life.  I have *never* ever had a washing machine essentially EAT my clothing.  Samsung, please respond.

IMG_1654.jpgIMG_1653.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello, AtlantaDogMom! We're so sorry to hear about this situation with your clothing, and definitely understand the concerns. We have reached out to you via a private message to request some additional information. Please follow up with us there, as our community members will not be able to assist with this matter. We look forward to speaking with you

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello, AtlantaDogMom! We're so sorry to hear about this situation with your clothing, and definitely understand the concerns. We have reached out to you via a private message to request some additional information. Please follow up with us there, as our community members will not be able to assist with this matter. We look forward to speaking with you