Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Adapt sound

(Topic created: 10-24-2021 06:27 AM)
JesterPizzle
Nebula
Options
Discussions
Since updating to 3.0 adapt sound will not open. Then I get the error pop up saying Adapt Sound keeps stopping. I already sent an error report. 

Cover image

9 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Another poster had issues with it too...

Following is what fixed it for me, the OP of the other post stated they already tried it and didn't resolve the issue:

it crashed when I selected it.

However, I fixed it with:

(phone) Settings > Apps

Tap on three-bars to the right of "Your apps".

Tap, "Show system apps", then Ok

Tap on Adapt Sound

Tap Force Stop, lower right

Tap Storage, Clear Cache, if available.

Exit out ... now, try again
0 Likes
dlbaker1179
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Same here
0 Likes
DoctorFlipFunk
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Yup, crashes when trying to open.
0 Likes
userxlmHE1elMu
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Three dots in app setting doesn't show "show all apps" for me anymore. I see permission manger, special access and reset app preferences.
0 Likes
userxlmHE1elMu
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Show system apps is actually under the sorting options. But force stop and clear cache do solve the problem for me
0 Likes
djav1985
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Same issue here
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @JesterPizzle ,

Thank you very much for reporting the issue to us. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

As a work around, please set your Dolby atmos settings to auto instead of music or voice. This has helped some of our members resolve the issue temporarily.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

Members_mEhOxCz
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Same issue for me, and the above steps didn't resolve it. I tried both the Force Stop / Clear Cache, as well as all the Dolby Atmos permutations (Off, On with Auto, On with Music, On with Voice).

This is on the latest One UI 4.0 / Android 12 build for the US T-Mobile S21 (SP1A.210818.016.G991USQU4ZUJG).

0 Likes
JesterPizzle
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I received this message regarding my error report. Screenshot_20211029-051326_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes