Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Android auto issues

(Topic created: 09-27-2021 06:17 PM)
Eternal_d
Halo
Options
Discussions
I recently started not getting notifications from any of my messaging apps via Android auto. Yesterday I know I received phone calls but no longer get them either. I can send texts or via handsfree but can not see any received messages in any app. 
8 Replies
MangoKiwi
Comet
Options
Discussions
Android auto has been working fine for me, although I started having a bit of an issue with connecting to Android auto mid. It restarted my phone. Then it happened again later, but this time it just muted the person. Messages work fine, but I use Google Messages. Calls have been fine, in my experience.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
A couple of things
a) I you haven't already, reboot phone into Maintenance mode, and select to Clear Cache Partition

b) Settings > Apps > Auto app > Force stop, then
Storage > Clear cache
... let us know
0 Likes
Eternal_d
Halo
Options
Discussions
It didn't work. I don't know if it is specific to the car I am using. At one point I attempted to get a message, the car system crashed, then when I sent anything else it didn't work. But I know for a fact it worked yesterday. I did clear the cache with no success.

I am using a 2020 murano
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Eternal_d ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Eternal_d
Halo
Options
Discussions
Sent report and a screen shot showing notifications are active on android auto.
0 Likes
userVg2LGC2rQA
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I second this issue. Message notifications aren't being pushed to the headunit.
0 Likes
userVg2LGC2rQA
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I second this my notifications will not come through on the headunit when hooked up to AA. Now I cannot transfer calls to handset for privacy, as the phone call doesn't come up. So it's just a blank screen with a phone call not the caller info and a way to toggle their information or enter the keypad of the call for prompts
0 Likes
Eternal_d
Halo
Options
Discussions
At this point after you try connecting your phone to aa you should do a error report so they can see what's going on with your setup. Mine works when connected to aa but notifications are hit or miss.
0 Likes