Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Animations - Developer Options

(Topic created: 10-16-2022 05:08 AM)
Options
Discussions
A lot of discussion regarding animations.
Generally, I have turned them off, but decided to turn on to see what everyone is talking about and not being smooth. 

So, if you are having issues with animations, try the developer options and increase the speed to .5xx 
For me it is buttery smooth, fast and not annoying with too long of an animation.
Give it a go and see if it works well for you.

11 Replies
bqooo
Comet
Options
Discussions
Increase the speed to .5x ??? the default speed is 1x....You probably mean decreases the speed from default speed (1x) to (.5x), which .5x is too fast. WE HAVE 120hz DISPLAYS. AND THE ANIMATIONS FEEL LIKE 30hz.
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I agree with you that animations should be improved, but they're technically right about the word "increase". Changing from 1.0 to . 5 lessens the duration of the animation, hence, increases the "speed" of it.
Also, they're just trying to offer a suggestion that some people might prefer
bqooo
Comet
Options
Discussions
Thank you, but it's labeled as [scale], not speed. The right way to say it is to decrease the scale of the animations from 1x to .5x in order to increase the animation speed.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Correct, but it does, in fact, increase the speed. As you yourself acknowledged by saying that ".5 is too fast"
Options
Discussions
Appreciate the clarification.
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I legitimately have no idea how people manage to use their phones at 1x animation scale. I turned it to 1x back when all this animation discussion first came up and good LORD are they slow.
Options
Discussions
Agree. I'm using 120hz refresh and .5x seems good to me. Animations are there but nice and snappy. Personal preference.
0 Likes
guitar1158
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I'm confused. What animations are people complaining about. In the earlier beta versions I noticed a little stutter in some circumstances but since beta 3 and 4 it's been smooth animations as far as I can see. Transitions seem normal so I'm not clear on what exactly people are complaining about
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes