Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

App lock

(Topic created: 10-10-2021 12:47 PM)
kr1sh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Add a feature where a user is able to lock a app and unlock it with his fingerprint or password when the user wants to access it. :locked:
Example on whatsapp you can add a lock where you would need biometrics to access the chats pls add a feature like this šŸ˜„
7 Replies
never-reven
Comet
Options
Discussions
This feature is on the lower end phones I believe. Would love the addition to the big boy phones though.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
You can just add Whatsapp to your secure folder. It'll work exactly like this with just the added step of accessing secure folder first.
kr1sh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
No I meant the way you can lock whatsapp currently example showed in the image something like that but just built in with Samsung so we can lock any app we would like and unlock it anytime with fingerprintScreenshot_20211017-184549_WhatsApp_1170.jpg
bqooo
Comet
Options
Discussions
You can lock Whatsapp from Whatsapp's settings
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
I know it's not that big of a hassle to move the app to secure folder and use that, but I do like the idea of just being able to lock an app with a long press menu option
Options
Discussions
Great feature to have
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @kr1sh ,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Whatsapp itself offers an option in settings -> Account -> Privacy -> Finger Print lock. We understand this wont work for all apps but this may be a work around. Please note this wont block ability to answer WhatsApp calls.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes