Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Automatic Time Issue

(Topic created: 11-21-2021 03:35 AM)
mindsunwound
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I don't know if anyone else will have noticed this, but if you turn off Automatic Time so that you can manually set a time zone, it turns itself back on after a while. Also without fail it turns itself back on after a reboot.

I have to travel between time zones for my work, and I also have to keep my system on my home time zone for that work, so this has been a headache for me in the past, and is the main reason I switched to an unlocked phone instead of a carrier phone.

Can anyone verify they are also experiencing this, or that they have observed this troublesome behaviour?

What other settings are not persisting?
0 Likes
8 Replies
Frbky
Comet
Options
Discussions
That's annoying. I haven't had reason to test it with the beta, but I sometimes spend time near a time zone line and have to lock it in.

I notice a new option: set time zone based on location. Have you tried it?
mindsunwound
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I'm pretty sure that would run counter to my purposes, but i did try to enable it just so see what it would do, hitting the toggle just sends a toast message saying automatic time must be enabled, which just hides the option when you select it, so I'm not sure what the point of it even is.

Edit, just checked again and it no longer hides it? But still auto time has to be on for it.
0 Likes
Frbky
Comet
Options
Discussions
That's a shame. I previously had a phone that let me manually set time zone while keeping on auto time and date. Very convenient when I lived by a time zone line.
mindsunwound
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I very much wish that were an option here, because the automatic time isn't the issue, just the changing time zones.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @mindsunwound ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

mindsunwound
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I sent an error report when i first noticed it, i can send one every time it happens if that will help.
0 Likes
mindsunwound
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
@USBetaModerator I have the Beta 2 update and this is still happening.

In addition, every time I post an error report about this, I get the message "no logs, please enable logs" back, even though I have the logs enabled when I put in the error report.

It would be nice if the setting could be structured like it is on my Samsung Tab A7, where just below the Automatic Time Setting is a toggle for manually set time zone.
0 Likes
mindsunwound
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
@USBetaModerator on beta 3 version ZUL1 and this issue is still going on
0 Likes