Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Bad Scrolling / Wobbling effect

(Topic created: 11-04-2021 05:56 AM)
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
It looks like the weird scrolling effect is due to the adaptive refresh rate is currently too aggressive in changing back down to 60hz from 120.

I know there are a couple of post on this issue already but I wanted to make sure a mod see this as well.

Here is a screen recording with the refresh rate counter visible to show what is actually causing it.

A simple fix would be too have it locked at 120hz for much longer after lifting finger from screen when the last touch gesture is a swipe action. 

It is wobbling due to it aggressively and quickly ramping down from 120 down to 60 then back up to 96 for some reason. When the ideal setting should be slowly go from 120hz down to 96hz then ending at 60hz once the scrolling animation is finally done.

I have a submitted a beta feedback on this issue as well.

I actually suggest just putting the phone at a constant 60hz for now as a temporary fix, it's actually much better than the wierd wobbling effect when scrolling thru apps.
8 Replies
Philosophics
Comet
Options
Discussions
I am primarily seeing this scroll lag/stutter in my Google Discover feed
PaulFox
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I get the same but so far I've only noticed this when I'm scrolling through my Google News feed.

Otherwise, I have to say this has been solid.
Philosophics
Comet
Options
Discussions
Just checked and now the only app I'm having this issue with is Twitter. All other apps now strangely scroll just fine.
Philosophics
Comet
Options
Discussions
Scratch that. Scrolling through news on lunch, it's doing it again.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
So far I seen this aggressive and inconsistent frame rates in most apps when scrolling. Definitely makes the experience feel janky
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
gave it a go at 60...everything much improved, even Twitter
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @PaperStation ,

Thank you very much for reporting the issue to us. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

user1whlWLpHd6
Explorer
Options
Discussions
I can agree that I am having the same issue. Seems to cut down to 60 hz almost immediately after initiating a scroll and really makes the whole experience pretty awful.
0 Likes