Original topic:

Bixby

(Topic created: 10-15-2022 05:14 PM)
Shawn765
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Love bixby.
On beta 4, it will not turn on the flashlight.

I used to say 'turn on flashlights and it would immediately. 

Now when I give the command it says 'working on it' and it just spins.

Also get error message sometimes that says 'cannot reach metwork' .. which doesn't make sense. I have the on device pack downloaded and installed. 

Pretty sure it worked on beta 3
0 Likes
6 Replies
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Discussions
That's weird, I just did mine a second ago and it works. I think the new UI is problematic for some people and it is different for most people.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
just worked for me, too
0 Likes
Pomacat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
You can always use Google. Hey Google turn on flashlight
Options
Discussions
Or you can use Google Assistant to do the same thing.

Use Bixby Routines to program one of your side buttons.

Example: side key, double tap turn on and off the flashlight.

Volume Down double-tap activate Google Assistant.
You can even set the media level output to what want the output level to be, not too low or too high, with comfortable volume anytime regardless of where you have your volume set to before activating. Very rarely do I say Hey Google. I just double-tap the button I programmed and it works even with the screen off with my voice commands.
It's great!
Bixby Routines allows you to program all three soft keys, and the three hard keys, each with a long press and double tap.
That's six programmable functions. Long ways from when the old Bixby first came out and Samsung would not allow any customization for the buttons. Probably the thing people disliked most about Bixby with not having a choice. Now it is extremely useful.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello ,
Thank you for your feedback.
If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung Members app to latest version from the Galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Shawn765
Explorer
Options
Discussions
After wiping the Bixby data and restarting bixby it works. BTW, Uninstalled Google assistant long ago.