Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Color OS color matching

(Topic created: 11-09-2021 09:45 AM)
Chrisrj8084
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Has anyone seen the latest stuff coming from OPPO? Their Color OS 12 version of material you theming is fantastic. It can auto pick colors from your wallpaper or you can manually select four points from the wallpaper that the OS will pull colors from.

This is definitely a much better option and seems to work better than Samsung version at this point. Not bashing Samsung as I am sure this is a first effort and google hasn't shared the Monet theme system yet. But OPPO definitely has a winner there. You can see a video about it here https://youtu.be/h8aA-_HrfmI

I think OPPO has done animations a little smoother too but their theme color integration leaves much to be desired. Samsung has integrated a little better here but google still does it the best on pixel.

I would love for samsung to incorporate the best of all, OPPO theme color system with Google level of integration.
7 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Oh, I dunno ... I think the Color Palette feature works okay for me.

But then again, I'm not a flash-n-glam eye candy type šŸ˜€
0 Likes
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
As far as I know, Samsung's implementation isn't automatic. For example I use Walpy to automatically change my wallpaper every few hours. The system doesn't change the UI element colors accordingly. I need to go in and do it manually.
PapaShex
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I was unimpressed by the Samsung implementation. It left me wondering what all the fuss is about.
0 Likes
Anthony232
Star
Options
Discussions
Samsung's implementation definitely pales in comparison
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
ColorOS 12 looks pretty awesome in general. I've had a samsung since the Note 3, maybe it's time for a change? šŸ¤”šŸ¤” Oppo is doing a lot of cool stuff with their OS.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to suggest us a change to an existing feature or a new feature to add, please leave a post in the Suggestions section with your ideas. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I like the pull down thing that oppo did. Looks much better than one handed mode Samsung does with everything shrunk down.
0 Likes