Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Contextual menu issue?

(Topic created: 10-01-2021 02:27 PM)
JBDiGG
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
When I long press a word in my browsers, it takes either a really long time for my contextual menu to appear or not at all. The floating one that says copy, paste, select all, web search, etc...  Anyone else experiencing this?
7 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
You're having better luck than I am.
When I highlight text in the browser, or some other apps, there's a delay, then I get a pop-up that the app (controlling that feature) just crashed. So no contextual pop up for me. It's a low-level system app (don't have the name immediately available, but will report back when I find it).

I suspect you're having an issue with the same low level app, but it survives avoiding a crash.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Okay, way easier for me to highlight something and get the crash dialog for the name šŸ™‚
It's called "SamsungSmartSuggestions", as seen in the screenshot
Screenshot_20211001-172352_Brave-01_9396.jpg
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I get occasional delay but I've never had it crash
0 Likes
JasonTheBaker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I've actually had no problem at all with it.
AnOaklandSir
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Same here.
0 Likes
JBDiGG
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
S21 ultra unlocked running ATT. Probably should have said that. I get the app crash sometimes but more often just get the delay. Dunno but I reported it on my end through this app. As bad as it sounds, was just hoping someone else was having the same issue so I know it isn't my phone. Hahaah

Good night everyone

-JB
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @JBDiGG  ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes