Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Don't Become a Prisoner of Beta!

(Topic created: 08-10-2023 03:40 AM)
Options
Discussions

Look at some of the members now prisoners that have been caught trying to leave Beta. You can read aeveral posts how watches get bricked, cannot reset and more. Don't get caught trying to escape as this place is booby trapped. To the rest of us just hang in there. At least our guar....errrrr hosts did allow us to now make replies to posts. The inmates stood up for our rights and we got what we wanted. So there is hope. Just don't try to escape and end up getting locked in a cage!  šŸ˜€

13 Replies
Waylander
Halo
Options
Discussions

I have no choice but to leave the beta as my Galaxy watch 6 will be ready for pickup tomorrow and I'll have to reset my watch and I'm not sure what to do. 

0 Likes
Options
Discussions

You are a victim. You did NOTHING wrong at all. You signed up with the understanding you can leave Beta without any consequences.  But instead you get locked up in a cage.  You must be trading in the Watch and they require you reset the device or it will not be accepted. Perhaps contact customer service and notify them and maybe they can extend the trade in time until the stable version comes out so you can reset and then send it.  Good luck!  Bingo for the inmates starts at 10:00 am today!  šŸ˜€

0 Likes
UnknownBug
Halo
Options
Discussions

The conditions were clearly stated in the terms that one must accept in order to join the beta program. In fact, this year, you have to up individually accept conditions related to some of the most common scenarios involving beta software such as unstable nature of beta software , need for back up, inability to downgrade etc.

Options
Discussions

Did the conditions state clearly that it would be  actually next to impossible to leave the program?  And that you will not be able to reset your watch to comply with Samsung's policy on trade ins? How about notifying us that the Beta forum would be useless during Beta One through Four?  How about informing  members if you attempt to leave expect your watch to be bricked?  I can go on and on. There are many that have been locked in a cage!

0 Likes
UnknownBug
Halo
Options
Discussions

What do you mean "next to impossible"? You can leave the program any time. Terms clearly states you won't be able to roll back watch software and you'll have to wait until they release stable version.

The terms explicitly mentioned that this is not stable software and it may brick a device.

How is the forum useless? You can report bugs, and see what other people, of the post, are experiencing.

The thing is, you have zero idea about how beta program works. You thought by joining beta, you will beat everyone else in getting updated/new version of software. That's not the intended purpose of beta. Samsung covered all of their bases in the terms. You didn't read about what you were getting into.

Options
Discussions

Your name is UnknownBug. It is perfect. Maybe read and comprehend the post and comments better next time.

0 Likes
UnknownBug
Halo
Options
Discussions

May be you should READ and COMPREHEND the terms and conditions, and understand the risks before joining a beta program so that you won't have to whine later.

Have a good day.

Options
Discussions

Bzzzzzzz! Splat! Problem solved!

download.jpeg

ā€ƒ

0 Likes