Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Downgrade issue

(Topic created: 11-22-2021 06:38 PM)
mrdobolina
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I would appreciate assistance downgrading to the most recent stable version. Due to the Google Pay issues, I withdrew from the beta program approximately two days ago. However the downgrade button does NOT appear in SmartSwitch. 

Flashing the stable version via Odin will not work since I'm using US version of unlocked Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G where the bootloader is locked. 

Why is the downgrade not showing in SmartSwitch? There ought to be some other way to resolve this issue besides wasting time taking it to a service center. 
0 Likes
7 Replies
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @mrdobolina ,

Please contact the nearest Samsung Service Center for assistance with downgrade the device. To locate the nearest Service Center, please call 1-800-726-7864.

It may take up to 72 hrs. after deregistration for smart switch to show a downgrade option. We can confirm that your deregistration was successful.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
mrdobolina
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
As mentioned, requiring users to take undue time out to go to a service center is not really an acceptable solution.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the process itself and the root cause of the problem needs to be discovered and rectified.

Additionally, a better job at writing instructions needs to be done seeing as how this 72 hour time frame is not stated in the downgrade instructions.

At any rate, I'm past 72 hours now and there still is no option.

This is indeed a learning lesson not to participate in anymore beta programs. It is quite a shame that this large of a company cannot follow BASIC principles of I.T.
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
You are not required to be in the beta and they said since the beta Google pay wouldn't work in beta. You choose to use the beta knowing that. Don't blame Samsung for your choice.
0 Likes
mrdobolina
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Instead of being a smart aleck with your response, you would be well-advised to fully understand what this post is about. As clearly mentioned in the title of the post, the problem is with DOWNGRADING.

Samsung's own rollback process that has been outlined to connect the device to SmartSwitch to see the downgrade option is what is not working because the button does not appear. This is an issue that has also been reported by numerous users.

Please make sure you read with comprehension before firing off irrelevant comments.

0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Or maybe you read stuff carefully before signing up for a voluntary program or better yet don't use beta software on your main device. Understand something before you sign up for it and ask questions before hand
0 Likes
mrdobolina
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
This is the whole point of this voluntary program: to discover issues/problems.

And what is the issue being discussed? The DOWNGRADE PROCESS does not work as it should, which is the whole point of this post.

This is my last comment to you because it is unproductive to engage with a person who is purposefully displaying an astounding level of obtuseness.
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
The point is. You signed up and now you wanna downgrade. You should have researched how to downgrade before installing it. I'm not going to argue with someone who didn't research before signing up and now regrets it. You should research before signing up for something
0 Likes