Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Esim for t mobile firmware

(Topic created: 10-05-2021 08:58 AM)
userRiYwr5TJcO
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Esim bug for unlocked phone running t mobile firmware..... Is it fixed?  no mention in changelog for beta 2.
12 Replies
Options
Discussions
Not fixed for me
0 Likes
userRiYwr5TJcO
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Guess I should not waste my time then.
0 Likes
rdinsf
Halo
Options
Discussions
There is no change in the eSIM functionality. Given that the rest of the world already had eSIM, eSIM is probably not really part of the beta program. It is not listed as a new feature in any of the beta documentation.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Esim was not a setting on our USA model phones before the beta. We can now activate esim but it doesn't work.
0 Likes
userRiYwr5TJcO
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I thought the moderator said last time they were aware of this issue and should be addressed in beta 2. Hence, I was wondering.
0 Likes
UnknownBug
Halo
Options
Discussions
Bug is not fixed (if there was one) but for the time being it's possible to get it working with Tmobile.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS21/comments/pqfn4q/anyone_here_successfully_activated_esim_on/
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @userRiYwr5TJcO ,

We have put in a fix for eSIM but it doesn't seem to have helped most users.  We have escalated this to our dev teams, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

rdinsf
Halo
Options
Discussions
The eSIM SIM card manager is also different than the rest of the world and creates problems. The interface outside the US lets you separately pick a default SIM for data, calls, and SMS. The US version has 9nly one setting - for "preferred SIM". So, for example, if I have a data SIM that I want to use for data - and another SIM for calls and SMS - I need to go in snd change the preferred SIM to send an SMS if I am using the data SIM. This is a common use case - one SIM for data, one for SMS/calls. This also undermines the DSDS aspect of the phone. Here is a shot of the UK SIM Card Manager - note that it allows separate settings of preferred SIM for calls, texts, and data. The version in the beta makes you have a single preferred SIM for all 3. British version:. https://imgur.com/a/kmcB36L
SamAdams
Halo
Options
Discussions
U nailed it bro. Exactly I am looking for same.