Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Factory data reset and dalck CLR

(Topic created: 10-24-2021 06:17 AM)
Lennykaps
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Is everyone doing this or is it just me? I was just wondering if it's a mixed bag or consistent results. With each update I've done both the factory reset and dalck check clear. With good results after having issues.
7 Replies
Options
Discussions
I had to do a factory reset on beta 1 because of secure folder issues and battery issues also and it's been near perfect since. I wipe caches in recovery after each update because it doesn't hurt.
0 Likes
JRock1276
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
It's dalvik cache clear. Go find something to do.
0 Likes
KevHar5
Comet
Options
Discussions
Stop trolling and find something to do.
0 Likes
JRock1276
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
šŸ¤£ If you only knew
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
You're referring to "dalvk check clear" as synonymous to "Repair Apps" in Recovery?

I ask because many folks won't equate the two šŸ‘

Anyway, I never do a Factory Reset, unless I were to do a "revert back to previous OS".

However, I do the Wipe Cache Partition and Repair Apps every now and then ... even when I'm running on a stable OS
0 Likes
TopherLee
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Every time a major update or beta version is released, I generally try to just to clear out some old residuals that the previous OS may have left behind.... I've yet to have any major issues, and certainly nothing in the way of small issues that I couldn't work around... The entire triplet of beta updates has been extremely stable, which is good as this is my daily driver, so I was hoping it would...
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Lennykaps ,

While it is not necessary, it is a good practice to clear cache and/or repair apps after a  software update. 

Master Reset option should only be used as  a last resort when you are experiencing way too many issues and are ready to leave beta program. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes