Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Fast charging issue

(Topic created: 08-11-2022 11:37 AM)
Options
Discussions
Is anyone else having a problem with regular fast charging? For instance, I have a 24w charger that used to fast charge my S22 Ultra, not talking about super fast charge 2.0, just typical fast charging but since the OneUI 5 beta it says "fast charging" for about 10 seconds then defaults to basic charging and wattage drops down from 13-18w to 3-5w. I have all the fast charge toggles enabled so it's not a software setting. I also have the Samsung super fast charge 25w power bank and that will charge at the appropriate speeds, it's only wall chargers that are doing this. I have around 5 different 15 plus watt charging bricks with dozens of cables and none of them aside from the power bank will maintain fast charging. It's starting to get really inconvenient to have to wait 3 hours to get 80% charge. 
8 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Discussions
Its still fast charging, just a bug that isn't showing fast charging
Options
Discussions
My hardware and software charging monitoring shows otherwise, I'm seeing only 5w charging max which is not fast charging, it's as standard and slow as possible.
0 Likes
BIOSATT
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Same here with 45 watts charger only basic charging
TheNewsHQ
Comet
Options
Discussions
It's still fast charging, it's just a wording issue, Google had the same issue with their first 2 betas of Android 13, hopefully Samsung fixes it soon
Urbangeek
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Same here
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

This is normal concept.  Device displays Fast/Super Fast Charging when battery level is 0~80%.  Anything above that will display "Charging".

If your device behavior is inconsistent with this concept, please submit an error report using the Samsung Members App.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Community.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Options
Discussions
See I thought it might just be a wording issue, but for me it's not. When initially plugging it in, it will show "fast charging" and the time estimate is "x" then after 30 seconds or so it'll switch to "charging" and the time estimate will increase along with the wording change just as if it's actually not fast charging. Also, I have a hardware and software way to monitor the charging voltage and amperage and it's indeed NOT fast charging beyond that initial 30 seconds. It will almost always drop down to avg 5w charging. There's something going on
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
All phones consume less wattage above a certain battery level.
Most start dropping off above 18%.
There's a good video on this. Where they test all the various mfg's fast chargers (even 120w). The wattage draws start high when battery is low, then less and less as the battery charges.

Turn fast charging off, then plug in your charger. Notice the time until full. Then turn fast charging back in, and plug in your charger again, you should see a difference in charging times.
0 Likes