Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Fingerprint sensor issue.

(Topic created: 10-23-2021 07:05 PM)
Galaxy4mylife
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Running beta 3. Seeing a weird issue. Key bank is reporting that my fingerprint was disabled on my device. Tells me to go into settings and reneable it. But will not work regardless of it being active or not. Anyone else seeing this in an app that requires fingerprint authentication?
0 Likes
8 Replies
coffee1978
Halo
Options
Discussions
It's a guess, but do you happen to have Developer Mode/Developer Options enabled? The TD bank app turns off fingerprint when it's enabled. I also had a similar thing happen to another app in previous betas since some financial apps use SafetyNet, which is what causes Google Pay to not work in betas.
Claykin
Comet
Options
Discussions
No. I have several apps using biometrics to unlock and all work OK with beta 3. Keybank as in the bank? Have you tried clearing the apps cache and data and setting up again?
0 Likes
Galaxy4mylife
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Yes the bank, I've re-added my finger print and reinstall the app. It will prompt for fingerprint authentication but it will then say revoked not enabled at phone level.
0 Likes
Claykin
Comet
Options
Discussions
I just experienced an issue where my phone had no reaction to my fingers to unlock the device. I then tried a couple apps locked with the fingerprint reader and they too had no reaction to my finger. I had to reboot the phone to restore fingerprint reader functionality. Prior to reboot I sent an error report to Samsung.
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I remember Bank of America app did that on previous beta builds for the S10. I think it's just the app not liking beta and non official books e similar to Google Pay not working on beta.
0 Likes
Galaxy4mylife
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
As it's not a payment system persay. It's just a way to see your transactions. I've never seen this before today in any beta prior.
0 Likes
Bertolo
Comet
Options
Discussions
I have the same problem too with my Unlocked S21 Ultra.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Galaxy4mylife ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes