Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Google Chrome crashes inside secure folder

(Topic created: 10-17-2023 05:29 AM)
userqhwKKy3XxU
Constellation
Options
Discussions
All of the betas have been working well until this 7th beta. With this release Google Chrome now crashes every time that it launches. I'm not sure if this is a change that Google made at the same time as the 7th beta being released from Samsung but now Chrome will only run outside of the secure folder.
13 Replies
Kiraji
Halo
Options
Discussions
For me almost all Google services have been crashing but just in the secure folder
0 Likes
Kiraji
Halo
Options
Discussions
I. e Gmail crashes, logging into Google Play services fails. Web view crashes
0 Likes
Members_85MOO4O
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Google Chrome Crashes inside secure folder for me too. Gmail and Chat Apps from Google work without any issue. 

This started happening after my latest phone software update especially One UI 6.0. 

After the update Google Chrome crashes everytime. Clearing the Data/Cache launches the app only until "Welcome to Chrome" and continue as Your account. Beyond which it crashes no matter what option you choose.

We have to tag One UI 6.0 update as a possible reason.

0 Likes
G87M2
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Well that's because you shouldn't be using Chrome inside of secure folder. Anything you need to look for you should be able to using the app in the standard environment. 🤔🧐😁
0 Likes
JumpingHoses
Nebula
Options
Discussions
There's no reason we shouldn't be able to use Chrome or any other browser in the Secure Folder.

Not only that but this is a bug with WebView. Countless apps use it, so it's not just a browser problem.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

During beta program, the software is not yet certified by Google, and therefore Google Pay and other secure services may not work. We apologize for the inconvenience and will post a notice once it becomes certified by Google. You may try again at that time.
We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
userqhwKKy3XxU
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Thank you Beta team,

If it helps, Google Chrome inside the Secure folder did work on previous UI 6 betas. So, if Google just retracted Certification then this may make sense. However, if you are sharing that Google hasn't certified any of the previous betas, then I would argue that there is a different issue at hand here.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

You are right. I apologize for misunderstading the original post.  Since there has been no change to Google certification, if Google Chrome worked in Secure Folder for other SW, then it should work.

Please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report so we can analyze the issue closely.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Synice
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Same,  my outlook crash inside secure folder,  system webview.. chrome couldnt load. 

0 Likes