Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Google Messages

(Topic created: 09-12-2022 05:47 AM)
userBobD104
Explorer
Options
Discussions
I've learned something today, I joined the Beta on day one and began having problems immediately with Google Messages which at first was temporarily correctable with all the various solutions out there. At some point over time nothing worked and Google Messages would no longer "connect" for Chat services. My final attempt at fixing the problem was to disable the Google Messages(Samsung dynamic version) and install the Google Messages Beta version APK from the APK mirror web site. Voila, it's working like designed, however, the Google Messages Samsung dynamic version keeps wanting to update from the Play Store! BTW and interestingly enough I noticed that while a had the Samsung dynamic version sitting on my device and not able to connect, the native Samsung Messenger would not connect to RCS Chat either, hmmm....
8 Replies
Dhawk1202
Comet
Options
Discussions
Interesting.... Let me make sure I understand. You are currently using the beta version of Google messages and it works flawlessly as long as you don't update it which will update to Samsung dynamic version?
0 Likes
userBobD104
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Correct... Once you take the update from the Play store(which is the Samsung Dynamic version) connecting issues begin again...
lostone123
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Same problem
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I've been on Google messages beta since their RCS system was available in 2018.
0 Likes
kbrncito
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I noticed something in the last couple of days...
I had an update from the Play Store carrier services and Google messages.
Ever since I haven't had RCS disconnecting on me..
Perhaps it was a Google's end problem?..
I'd like to think so, cause Pixel users on A13 were having problems since they upgraded to A13 with messages app too.
I will continue to check on it..
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
I just turn off Sim card and then turn it back on. The only time I have to do it again is when I restart my phone. It'll probably get fixed or should be fixed when the final version is released.
userBobD104
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Turning Sim card ON & OFF hasn't worked for me in a long time and I'm sure lots of issues will be fixed when the final is released.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung Members app to latest version from the Galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes