Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Google Wallet and Samsung Wallet

(Topic created: 09-22-2023 02:13 PM)
Boosy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Google Wallet stopped working with beta. The error message says my phone cannot authenticate my identity to process "tap to pay". So, I tried Samsung Wallet and it is running smoothly, with tap to pay very responsive. 
Just for info.
6 Replies
Casey88
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Google wallet never works on Beta, it's a licensing thing I believe
SayntMykl
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Good to know. Hopefully the stable one UI 6.0 will fix this. I don't want to have to set up samsung pay from scratch.
0 Likes
Casey88
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
It will work again once you are back on the non-beta OS, always does. This is a typical thing that happens every time during beta
0 Likes
Jgonz2040
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Huh interesting for me google wallet works perfectly fine
0 Likes
GodAshram
Halo
Options
Discussions
It's a "it shouldn't work since the OS is beta, but does for some people" situation. 1st beta that Google wallet has worked for me, but reading it doesn't for others.

For everyone else, usually, a beta os usually breaks Google wallet until the os is officially released. Every beta has people wondering why Google wallet doesn't work in the beta. It's not supposed to. This beta seems hit or miss on that fact.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

During beta program, the software is not yet certified by Google, and therefore Google Pay and other secure services may not work. We apologize for the inconvenience and will post a notice once it becomes certified by Google. You may try again at that time.
We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team