Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Google assistant

(Topic created: 09-04-2024 02:48 PM)
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions

I had to reset my watch and now google assistant is missing on my watch when it used to be there before I reset my galaxy 4 watch.  It also doesn't  show in the watch playstore any more unless I search for essential watch apps and then when I try to install Google assistant  it says my device is incompatible with the Google assistant.  I am running oneui6 beta on my watch.  I live in the US and I have english us as my default language. Did the beta screw up my access to google assistant? Why is this bug occurring when the google assistant  always was available on my watch before and worked with the oneui6 beta when I first installed to my watch? Reseting my watch to factory specs killed the google assistant . I connected to Samsung assistance and they couldn't  help me fix this and told me to get a new watch which is BS. This is a google or Samsung software bug and has  to be fixed.

0 Likes
25 Replies
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @johnnyc256,

Thank you for your feedback on Google Assistant issue. 

To help us understand your issue, could you kindly submit an Error report including Screenshots of the "Incompatible" screen when you attempt to download Google Assistant via Google Play store? 

Steps:
Galaxy Wearable Beta app > Click the button on the bottom mid section > Contact Us > Error report> Make sure your report channel is directed to "Galaxy Wearable (BETA)" > Check "Send System log data" > Submit

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions

I just checked out my wife's watch and if I try to download google assistant from the essential apps on the watch play store it also says that the device is incompatible with the Google assistant app. I guarantee that if you reset your galaxy 4 watch then you will also not be able to reinstall the Google assistant  under one ui6 beta. This is a major bug and you better get it fixed. So now it's both of my watches saying the Google assistant  app is incompatible with both of my watches.

0 Likes
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions

This is not a bug on either side. I have removed google Assistant from my watch per my preference. But your issue sounds more like you've made some changes with bugjeager weather realizing it or not but have removed google Assistant as well and or have run commands to block the app. I would need to know what all you did using bugjeager to assist further but will leave you with a quest. Connect using bugjeager and refresh the packages screen, scroll down to Animals or Ball and you should see assistant, if not, then you need to reinstall yhe apk manually, come back to the packages page, refresh then scroll down to assistant, enable it and press play button. Reboot watch then use playstore to update it.

1000030027.jpg

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions

I lost google assistant right after I reset my watch and going to the watch playstore I seached for google assistant  and it was not listed as an app. When I looked for recommendations for my watch, I saw google assistant listed and I went to install it and it gave me an error message saying that this application is incompatible with your device. This all occurred before I even installed bugjaeger.  Using bugjaeger was the only way I could get google assistant on my galaxy 4 watch. 

0 Likes
jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

The app on the watch play store is not called google assistant. It is called Assistant.

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions

I tried that too and it wasn't  listed.

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions

I just sent you my log files and a screenshot of this application is not compatible with your device error.

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions
  • Screenshot_20240904_184648_Google Play Store.jpg

0 Likes
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions

Try this, 

On the watch (not the phone app) , swipe up and click on the play store, scroll all way down to settings click that, scroll down to about and click that, click update play store. now back button out twice and click on manage apps, you should see assistant underneath update all. update it.🖖

0 Likes