Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Google assistant

(Topic created: 09-05-2024 02:14 PM)
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions

I had to reset my watch and now google assistant is missing on my watch when it used to be there before I reset my galaxy 4 watch.  It also doesn't  show in the watch playstore any more unless I search for essential watch apps and then when I try to install Google assistant  it says my device is incompatible with the Google assistant.  I am running oneui6 beta on my watch.  I live in the US and I have english us as my default language. Did the beta screw up my access to google assistant? Why is this bug occurring when the google assistant  always was available on my watch before and worked with the oneui6 beta when I first installed to my watch? Reseting my watch to factory specs killed the google assistant . I connected to Samsung assistance and they couldn't  help me fix this and told me to get a new watch which is BS. This is a google or Samsung software bug and has  to be fixed.

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions

It was already up to date.

0 Likes
Rclevit
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

I can download Google Assistance on Beta after reset. (Haven't done any 3rd party updates, apk sideloading)

1000000877.png

ā€ƒ

1000000878.png

ā€ƒ

1000000879.png

ā€ƒ

1000000880.jpg

ā€ƒ

1000000881.jpg

ā€ƒ

USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @johnnyc256

Thank you for submitting the error report!

We verified that your report is properly submitted to Beta channel and our team will analyze the error. 

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions

My wife has the same galaxy watch 4 and when I go to the watch play store and I try to download google assistant, I also get the same error on her phone saying that the app is not compatible with your device. I am willing to bet that that error would occur an all galaxy 4 watches that have been reset under the one ui6 beta update. I think that you should test that by resetting a watch on your end to see if google assistant isn't there after the reset and that you can't download it from the watch play store. It seems very unlikely that that error would occur on 2 different watches.

0 Likes
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions

Did you try what i suggested? Updating both playstore and assistant? Even after factory reset, it requires an update or you wont see it in your apps. If you sideloaded it, factory reset then try the steps i provided. šŸ––

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions

They both were up to date. I am not sure whether side loaded apps can be updated on the watch. I think that my problem will occur with everyone who resets their watch under the watch oneui6 beta. My wife has the same watch and if I go the the watch google play store and I try to download google assistant in the watch essential apps it also comes up that google assistant is not compatible with you device. It must be a watch oneui6 beta bug.

0 Likes
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @johnnyc256,

Please try below steps if it resolved your issue:

1. Remove Google account on Watch
2. Remove Google account on Phone and re-login
3. Re-login Google account on Watch
4. Launch Play Store

If the issue persists, then please attach the screenshots and error reports as it would be very helpful for us to evaluate the issues more in detail.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions

If I delete my google account on my phone won't  I lose all of my settings, emails, and photos saved to the cloud? 

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions

I have a better idea. Why don't you reset a galaxy 4 watch and see if you lose google assistant under the one ui6 beta program,  instead of me deleting my google account and losing all of my emails, contacts, calendar events and settings.

0 Likes
userLJZMfVswOy
Constellation
Options
Discussions

I have the same problem. No Google Assistant. I've completed all of the suggestions on this post several times.

All beta updates were done. I have the Galaxy S24+ and Galaxy watch 4.

0 Likes