Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Google assistant

(Topic created: 09-16-2024 05:35 PM)
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions

I had to reset my watch and now google assistant is missing on my watch when it used to be there before I reset my galaxy 4 watch.  It also doesn't  show in the watch playstore any more unless I search for essential watch apps and then when I try to install Google assistant  it says my device is incompatible with the Google assistant.  I am running oneui6 beta on my watch.  I live in the US and I have english us as my default language. Did the beta screw up my access to google assistant? Why is this bug occurring when the google assistant  always was available on my watch before and worked with the oneui6 beta when I first installed to my watch? Reseting my watch to factory specs killed the google assistant . I connected to Samsung assistance and they couldn't  help me fix this and told me to get a new watch which is BS. This is a google or Samsung software bug and has  to be fixed.

0 Likes
25 Replies
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions

I know I can't  be the only person this happened to.  My wife has the same watch and didn't reset her watch. If you do a search for google assistant under watch apps it comes up with Google assistant not being compatible on her watch also just like with my watch under beta one ui6.

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions

Did you try to do the 4 steps as the modulator told me to do by deleting your google accounts on your watch and phone and reinstalling them?

0 Likes
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @johnnyc256

We apologize for the inconvenience with the Google Assistant issue. 

Removing Google account will not delete your information saved on Cloud, as watch and phone will restore information back from your backup data (Make sure you backup your data via Settings > Account and backup > Google Drive/ Samsung Cloud Back up data). 

However, if you are uncomfortable removing your accounts from your devices, then could you kindly submit the error report once more with screenshots on both your watch / phone? 

Based on your previous error report, it seems that your Google Assistant app was searched on your phone's Google Play store and showing the "incompatible" error instead of Watch's Play store. 

Current version on the Assistant app from Watch is 1.16.52.660212385.release (updated on Aug 7.2024)

While on Phone's Play store, Assistant app version is 0.1.601924805

Latest Google Play version: 42.6.22-31 [0] [PR] 670642294

Videos would be more helpful as we can see the exact flow of your issue (ie. Watch > Play Store > Searching for Assistance > "Shows device incompatible" alert or Phone > Play Store > Assistant > "Your device isn't compatible with this version".

Again, thank you for your feedback and we will do our best to resolve your case once more detail is provided.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions

20240917_115958.png

When I searching for assistant  on my watch it only comes up with Home assistant and Ultimate Alexa Voice assistant and no google assistant is shown under the search.

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions

I can't  upload photos or videos because I get file to large to upload errors.

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions

I have the latest version of google assistant  on my watch 4, but I had to sideload it by downloading from APK mirror and using bugjaeger to install it. Google assistant was not available from the watch playstore after resetting my galaxy 4 watch after installing the one ui6 beta update. I think that 95% of galaxy watch owners would not be able to do this, so you better find out what is causing this bug. I can't  understand why you can't  test this out yourself by resetting your watch to see if the google assistant is missing from the playstore like what happened  to me and the other person who said it was also missing after resetting  their galaxy watch.

0 Likes