Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Holding OneUI to a higher standard.

(Topic created: 09-14-2023 11:39 AM)
Casosix
Halo
Options
Discussions
OneUI is great software, very feature rich and well thought out. However, it is clear that there is a severe lack of refinement in nearly every aspect of OneUI. This applies to both the current beta as well as the stable builds. Please compare the experience of using OneUI, the intuitiveness and flow state of the interface, to just about any other premium smartphone on the market, and you will see a clear deficit. 

Samsung is an enormous company, and the OneUI developers really should have effectively unlimited resources to make OneUI across Samsung's entire line of Android-based devices (most of their public image as well) as refined as possible. Samsung needs to hire some talent beyond just programming for OneUI to make it really great. 

There is no reason Samsung shouldn't be producing the best mobile OS on the market. They have all the resources to do so. Right now, that is a matter of opinion, based on what features and refinements matter to individual users. Samsung is in a unique position to refine their OS experience and pull ahead of the competition in the sectors they excel in. 

3 Replies
The_Chief
Comet
Options
Discussions
Considering the improvement each version of One UI has brought (especially compared with its TouchWiz predecessor, I'm not sure what specific refinement you're talking about... or to what other Android smartphone you're comparing it. I'm all for process improvement: but I would much rather have something work well than have something look really good while doing something poorly.
bwilliance
Halo
Options
Discussions
I agree. One UI already has a lot of features. New features are nice, but there also needs to be refinement, optimization, and reliability in the software.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes