Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Incognito/Private browsing in secure folder keeps crashing

(Topic created: 10-30-2021 11:07 AM)
Loucid
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Since the launch of the first 4.0 beta, in secure folder, incognito or private browsing keeps crashing when you attempt to open it. This happens on Chrome and Brave browsers that I've noticed so far. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?
9 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I'm confused (not uncommon)

Are you browsing (opening) files that exist inside the "secure folder" ??
0 Likes
Loucid
Constellation
Options
Discussions
For instance, I open the Google Chrome app within the secure folder to browse the internet. I then try to open incognito mode in Chrome. The moment I tap incognito, it just completely closes out chrome every time.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Thanks for clarification.

So I tested this with Chrome Canary, and yes, it does crash attempting to open Incognito tab

I've submitted a Beta Feedback ticket

(I will test this on my wife's phone, not on beta)
EDIT: tested on s21 Unlocked, non beta with Chrome Canary ... does not crash
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Try Samsung Internet and see if you have the same issue.
Loucid
Constellation
Options
Discussions
That one seems to work in secret mode. Crashes when you go to view tabs and click the three vertical dots menu though.
0 Likes
CjIsom
Halo
Options
Discussions
Chrome is definitely crashing when going incognito mode in Knox Secure Folder but I don't use it in there so it works fine without the secure folder but still shouldn't be crashing. My regular Samsung browser on s21 Ultra 512gb 5G in secret mode is not crashing one bit
0 Likes
dortyboy
Sun
Options
Discussions
Yes me too. I just posted it
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Loucid ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
DrDeLaHoya
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

This bug has crept up again in One UI 6.0 Beta 7

Brave browser and Chrome force closing in Secure Folder.  Both browsers work fine in the regular user account.

0 Likes