Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Keep app open

(Topic created: 09-28-2023 06:06 PM)
Eyayo
Halo
Options
Discussions
Each time I keep an app open, it gets closed after about 30mins. None of my "keep open" apps stays open
4 Replies
0vermind
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I was having the same issue the other day. I had a support chat open with a company and went to switch apps, 2 minutes later I went back and Chrome was closed and had to reload the page. Had to start the chat session all over. I found I couldn't leave Chrome without risking it closing. Perhaps the memory management values are set far too aggressive by Samsungs engineers, hoping to improve performance. I have the 23+, plenty of ram. It cant be running into low memory situations, I don't leave enough open as it is.
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions
Try installing opening up your settings and then go to the display menu and select the screen Time out and select keep screen on while viewing, Also the Samsung Good Guardians app has a Battery tool that has a feature called screen Curtain that may help Screenshot_20230928_224808_Battery Guardian.jpgScreenshot_20230928_224930_Battery Guardian.jpg
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

You can use the Screen Curtain feature to maintain application running status while the screen is turned off.  You can find more information here: One UI 6 New Feature: Screen Curtain - Samsung Community - 2673702

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
0vermind
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
This isn't a solution. This is happening with the screen on the entire time. Sometimes switching apps, causes the background apps to be closed, and when you switch apps again, the app reloads, and any information in that app is lost.
0 Likes