Discussions

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Bionic1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
It's the Google voice auto update. Go to settings..open Google..open settings for Google apps.. select Search, Assistant, and Voice.. select Voice.. select the Offline Speech Recognition option..change the auto update option from anything other than wifi if you're not connected.

This SHOULD fix it from popping...no refunds. šŸ˜

View solution in context

7 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Odd, first I've seen this reported.

Maybe long-press on it, then set it off (or silent)
0 Likes
chrispy0
Comet
Options
Discussions
I got that once too after I restarted my phone. I was hooked up to wifi and still said waiting for network connection, switched Wi-Fi off and tried cell data still nothing. Restarted the phone again and it cleared up. Have not had it since and that was on Tuesday morning shortly after update to beta2.
0 Likes
KH445
Comet
Options
Discussions
Same here. What I noticed that worked for me was to turn off 5G and only use 4G. It's lame I know but with my device I can't use my 5G anymore cuz this beta, it can't detect my SIM card "unknown" it says. Also toggling the WiFi did work for a few minutes.
0 Likes
Solution
Bionic1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
It's the Google voice auto update. Go to settings..open Google..open settings for Google apps.. select Search, Assistant, and Voice.. select Voice.. select the Offline Speech Recognition option..change the auto update option from anything other than wifi if you're not connected.

This SHOULD fix it from popping...no refunds. šŸ˜
Options
Discussions
Done. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks.
Bionic1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Hope it helps. I left out that it was the "Offline" Google voice auto update, but you probably figured it out. I'll edit the steps...
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Bionic1 ,

Thank you for suggesting the solution. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes