The steps I take now are cubersome
I share the item to myself then copy the link from there to share it 
Anyone else notice this is it a bug?
8 Replies
JW_Berry
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I thought it was gone, but the new method for getting the link is clicking to share it as a QR code, and on the bottom right it says you can copy the link or share the link I believe
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
Don't see the option to share as a link.

Prefer to have a stand alone anyway and not bury it under the QR Code. Not intuitive. Screenshot_20230905_163224_Edge.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
JW_Berry is correct. The latest update to Quick share removed the share link as a direct option. Now select share it as QR code and there is an option to copy the link. Also you can use the share to contacts, select one of your contacts, and the link is put into either email or text that you can send.
0 Likes
SophiaMarie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Omg Thank you guys 🙏🙏🙏 y'all are amazing
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
userppqmZHpQ6a
Constellation
Options
Discussions

BAD DECISION TO ALLOW ANDROIDS NUMEROUS ADVANCED FEATURES OVER APPLE TO BE "HIDDEN".
WHY MAKE IT SO COMPLICATED???

0 Likes
vyrgozunqk
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Hello, the option disappeared also in One UI 5.1, which is very confusing, most of my friends think it was removed. I've found it only due to this forum post. 
Either Samsung does not want us to use it much, thus they are "hiding" it, or the UX decision was not that good.

Brucyjay
Halo
Options
Discussions
Thanks for this info! And yeah I hate the new way. It's stupid. Share link was so much simpler and easy.