Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

No gmail notifications

(Topic created: 09-15-2021 12:17 PM)
pbaker76
Halo
Options
Discussions
Not sore if it's just me but gmail no longer pushes notifications. I have to manually open the app to check and see if I received new email.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
pbaker76
Halo
Options
Discussions
Not sure what happened but this morning my email started sending me notifications.

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Replies
AR-JC
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Sam's issue here. Seems i am getting far less emails since using beta. Hopefully they'll push a beta 2 that would fix these issues.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @AR-JC ,

If you do not receive notification for a specific app, we recommend checking if notification settings are turned on as well as toggle setting in settings -> notifications -> All -> <<App name>> or Settings -> app -> app name -> notification.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
TopherLee
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Long press your Gmail app and click the little info (i) icon in the upper right. Once the app settings screen appears, the first option under privacy, is notifications... check to make sure that's not blocked. If it is, click on it, and toggle the "show notifications" back to on.
0 Likes
pbaker76
Halo
Options
Discussions
Thanks for the tip but unfortunately that's the first thing I checked and it's still set to allow notifications. I have even turned it off then back on and still have the issue.
TopherLee
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Have you gone into the recovery partition and cleared the cache? Sometimes, residual settings and files can get left behind with a new OS upgrade?

With the device powered off press and hold both the Volume Up key, and the power button until you see the startup logo, then release the power button while still holding the volume up rocker... When you see the recovery menu, use the volume down to scroll to the reset cache partition, then press the power button to select it. Volume down one time to the confirmation yes, and it'll clear the cache... Reboot device and try that... That may help as well...
0 Likes
pbaker76
Halo
Options
Discussions
That's the first think I did.
0 Likes
user5s6jtOwB6H
Constellation
Options
Discussions

I followed the instructions, but was not able to get to the recovery menu.

0 Likes
Leify
Comet
Options
Discussions
You have to open any app you want notifications from and it pops up with a yes or no prompt asking if you want them. Otherwise it's never going to send them. I find this annoying personally as I've already told the phone I want or don't want notifications and from what. It's taking over and turning off all of them.

There's also the option to go into notifications in the settings and see recents and try to turn them back on but it won't list everything so it's impossible.
0 Likes
Waqar Azeem
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Will this setting reset the phone? I mean delete all the data in the phone?

0 Likes