cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

One UI Beta for Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra from Verizon.

(Topic created: 10-27-2021 01:26 AM)
Bowo
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Why is this not a thing? Is it because Verizon has the say in the end? I want to be able to test beta features and the likes, but these services aren't offered to me. 
5 Replies
Jamess467
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I know the feeling. US cellular also doesn't participate in the beta also. šŸ˜•. The carrier says it's samsung, and samsung says it's the carrier. I don't like the back and forth myself.
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Discussions
The final decision is by the carriers. They do not control the beta releases, and cannot add their specific apps to the beta ROM so they don't participate. It's easier to blame Samsung so they keep their customers happy locally. Ever wonder why ALL unlocked phones are eligible and almost every other phone outside of the US get to test it? It's a PR issue if they say it is the carrier decision.
AmericanGhostProject
Constellation
Options
Discussions
That actually makes total sense. Becuase when I boot my phone, Verizon has to have their big logo right up front. I'd love to try it, but like you said, it's definitely the carriers.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
If you have an Unlocked phone, you can participate.

However, sign up for beta program is Closed now
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Bowo ,

We do need carrier approval in order to be able to support Beta Program on a carrier device. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes