Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI Beta

(Topic created: 12-13-2021 01:30 PM)
MSIT2012
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I went with the unlocked Note 20 for frequent and timely updates and the ability to participate in the beta programs but that seems to be a farce. Even using some features are "blocked" supposedly by the carrier. Now the One UI 4 beta should be available but I don't see it. Growing tired of being excluded and about ro move on from the manufacturer and platform for good.
17 Replies
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Beta means you are the test dummy.
0 Likes
MSIT2012
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

I have run beta applications across multiple platforms for decades. I do not mind testing beta software; I just prefer to do so through official channels instead of using ports or sideloads. That is one of the reasons I bought the unlocked version of the phone.

0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Discussions
You should check the box because I have an unlocked phone and it still works by what carrier you have or use.
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Your carrier may not allow it
0 Likes
MSIT2012
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

I buy the unlocked versions as they are not supposed to have carrier restrictions. This is the primary reason to buy unlocked devices outside of getting around restrictions concerning moving to a different carrier.

0 Likes
Ladydee1087
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Try Sammy Fans..there's a manual update
0 Likes
Solution
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @MSIT2012 ,

Registration for Note 20 opened on 11/17  and is currently closed as user registration limit has reached.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
PoliticsMan
Nebula
Options
Discussions
How does this answer the users question or opinion expressed ?
0 Likes
MSIT2012
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

I was checking fairly regularly and never saw the prompt. I have been giving serious thought to upgrading the Note 20 and unfortunately this is going to negatively figure into my selection. 

Add in the block on Samsung Blockchain Wallet that Verizon says is Samsung and Samsung says is Verizon, the significant amount of time and effort it took to get Samsung to remove their built-in ads across their stock apps (on a flagship device with a significant cost it should have been completely unnecessary), and the continual inability to remove continual prompts concerning Sofi accounts in Samsung Pay the list continues to grow in the wrong direction for Samsung.

I will add this to the growing list of reasons Samsung is falling out of favor after years of buying Samsung products. I may just be time to move on and give other products a try.

0 Likes