Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One Ui 6 beta Google Fi

(Topic created: 09-07-2023 11:59 AM)
AugustRo
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Hi! I received the update in my phone, the Google Fi app still crash and can't send messages? Thanks!
11 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions
If the One UI 6 beta is causing serious disruptions to your daily routine, it might be best to revert your OS back to the stable version by utilizing SmartSwitch on a computer. The beta tests are meant to squash bugs and other unexpected behaviors; it's all part of the process.
AugustRo
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I had the beta before, I had to change my sim to get the update, but now I received it without making that change, I went back to One UI 5.1 because of the problems with Google Fi Wireless app.
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions
Oh okay! Just to clarify, you're back on One UI 5.1 now though?
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Google is aware of this issue and they are working to resolve it.  We will post an update when there is an updated APK to with the fix.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

LuxrayAeterna
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Just commenting to share the same issue. The Google Fi app crashes continually, I am unable to receive MMS messages, and I receive notifications to finish my plan activation even though my plan is active.
0 Likes
Markwebb
Halo
Options
Discussions

I have the S23 Fi model: I received the download prompt for Beta 2 on 9/5. Everything works including the Fi app. Not one problem. Calls, texts, Fi, browsing, other apps all work perfectly!

xclub
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

May I know how you got the update? I also have the S23 from Fi and registered for the Beta, but the Beta update does not show up in the "Software Update".

0 Likes
Markwebb
Halo
Options
Discussions

I wish I could answer that. Well, I do use both sims: physical sim for TMO and Esim for Fi (I also have a Pixel 7 so the Esim gets transferred often between the S23 and Pixel).  I just happened to go to system update, hit refresh and it appeared! Strange. And unlike many, everything is working without an issue from what I have discovered, including the Fi App which everyone seems to be complaining about. Go figure!?

0 Likes
FeFiFo
Constellation
Options
Discussions

I also received the update the other day as well. As most are posting FI app keeps crashing and MMS not working along with a handful of other apps. I uninstalled the google FI app from the phone and MMS and the other apps that were crashing works now. So its definitely directly related to the google fi app.  

0 Likes