Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Phone getting hot and scrolling is lag in some apps

(Topic created: 11-03-2021 02:17 PM)
DPN90
Constellation
Options
Discussions
After the 4th upgrade. My phone is getting for just opening apps. The scrolling seems to be laggy too. 
12 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Try this, if not already ...

Press and hold Side key until you see Power Off - select it to power off the phone.

Now, off to the Maintenance (Recovery) screen:

Press and HOLD the Volume Up key, and while holding, press and HOLD the Side key.

When the Samsung splash screen appears, release both keys. Within a few seconds, you'll see the Maintenance screen, with a number of menu options.

Use the Volume Down key to highlight Wipe Cache Partition. Press Side key, select "Yes".

Now, Use Volume key to highlight "Repair Apps" (should be last menu option). Use Side key to select it.

The phone will automagically restart. Let the phone settle down for a couple of minutes.

... see how it goes
0 Likes
quesosandwich
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I tried this method, but it didn't really help much. It seems like the overall performance on beta 4 is not that great, especially compared to beta 3. I can tell there are lots of people discussing this issue. Hopefully, they will fix this on beta 5
0 Likes
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I've done this. It doesn't help. This sounds silly, but the lagging while scrolling only happens while Wifi is on. It completely goes away on mobile data. And yes, it's a performance issue; for example scrolling in a Spotify playlist while connected to wifi actually produces dropped frames. Switch off Wifi, and everything goes back to normal.
0 Likes
useretRBe1sgXV
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I have the same issue. I checked my battery usage and it looks like Permission Usage is my top hitter for the battery using about 20% since last charge. The battery app says my battery should only last 14h 50m with a full charge šŸ¤¦
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Mine shows:

1 day 4 hrs on an 85% charge (I have Protect Battery enabled)
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Y'all need to check for any rogue apps or odd settings causing that.

No excessive heating or battery drain since installing beta1 here
0 Likes
useretRBe1sgXV
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I haven't had any issues since I upgraded today to beta 4 around lunch time. My battery was 96% when I upgraded and I had a 2h conference and it was about 40% without using my phone afterwards.
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I hope Android will reach a point that the user does not have to go searching for apps that kills their battery since in the iPhone this isn't really even a thing. Yet it is so common in the Android ecosystem how some apps go crazy and just kills battery life. A user should not have to disable apps or set certain apps to sleep or even having to uninstall Facebook. Google really need to be more strict on how apps behave in background I think.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Agreed ! Well said !
0 Likes