Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Phone searcher doesn't show apps as result

(Topic created: 09-26-2023 01:15 PM)
SatanáS
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Since the last update when using the phone searcher it doesn't show apps as result anymore, so if I need to find an app i have to go to the app box, i already restarted the searcher config and activated the "show apps in searching" option and it doesn't solve the issue

7 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions
With the phone off, press + hold power and volume up buttons until the Samsung logo disappears. Using volume keys, highlight Wipe cache partition, and then power to select and confirm. On the original screen, use volume to navigate to Repair apps, and then power again to select. This will reindex all apps on your phone.
SatanáS
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Sorry i did it and it didn't work 🥺
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Discussions
What is your model name/number in Settings>About phone? It will start with "SM-"
0 Likes
SatanáS
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
S23 Ultra SM-S918U
VerbumVeritum
Options
Discussions
Thank you for that info! Are you using any 3rd party launchers, like Nova Launcher? If you aren't, my only other idea would be Settings>Apps>One UI Home>Storage>Clear data. You will probably lose settings/home screens doing this, but it may work. If it doesn't, I recommend backing up your phone and performing a factory reset. Seems like a weird software glitch. Those previous steps should have fixed this issue. 😢
SatanáS
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Thank you very much for your time and help!!! I really appreciate it 🤜🤛. I hope it's just a beta software issue and they solve it with a patch 'cause i'm not down for reset my phone 😭
VerbumVeritum
Options
Discussions
Oh, you're on the beta. 😅 No, don't reset. If this issue becomes a major concern, you should revert back to the stable OS using Smart Switch on a computer.