Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Poor battery life on beta W6C

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
XanderHendrix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

I have sent an error report on this but thought I should post as well. I am seeing poor battery life on the beta on this first full day of use.

First some background. I installed the beta yesterday and had the issue of continuous reboots. I tried clearing device cache but ended up having to do a full reset and restore from a backup. Since the reset/restore the watch has seemed fine. I typically charge my watch in the morning so I started with a full charge this morning at roughly 7am. By noon I was down to 38% and now at  1pm down to 32%. This is much worse than prior to the beta and I really have not changed my usage or settings, beyond turning on the new gestures.

12 Replies
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @XanderHendrix ,

Thanks again for sending us the error reports regarding to 2 issues (Battery draining, Reboot after Beta). 

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

NATRAPS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

I'm having the same battery drain issue as well.  Went from 100% to 61% overnight.

NATRAPS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Since reporting this, battery life has drastically improved.  I charged it Friday night and managed to get to today (Sunday) at 20%.  It's still not ideal battery life for a watch at this price point, but I got more than a day out of it.

0 Likes
NATRAPS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

I take it back.  Battery life is still unacceptable.  Less than 24 hours after being fully charged, battery is at 12%.  I have not done any activity tracking or extensive changes to settings or watchfaces.  Sleep tracking and basic movement in my home.

0 Likes
XanderHendrix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

What seemed to help a little was too power cycle my watch. There must have been some process in the background that was consuming power and a power cycle cleared it. I'm not saying this is a solution, but at least a bit of a work around to get the battery to last at least once day until they sort this. I'm going to power cycle each morning after I charge it and see how that goes. 

Members_SeCgWNd
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Factory reset on Samsung devices usually clears out the battery saving information on your device that's based on your device usage and I'm not sure if it's even backed up for restore.  A few days may see it go back to its regular battery life, but that's just a guess. 

XanderHendrix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Yes I have seen that before so we will see what happens. Also just to clarify I am just power cycling each morning, not resetting it šŸ˜

XanderHendrix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

My battery life is still definitely worse than prior to the beta. My phone was fully charged this morning and by 8pm it is down to 16%. I used to be able to at least go 24 hours between charges, including wearing it overnight for sleep tracking. Charging each morning I would still wake up with >30%. At the current rate I will have to charge twice a day. 

I also reported that my phone is randomly relocking.

XanderHendrix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Replying here as I have another thread going on a different post. On that thread someone suggested I check to see if the Google assistant was set to respond to "Hey Google" as that can be a battery draw. I checked and it was in fact turned on and setting this to off has definitely improved battery life. I'm only down 15% after 4.5 hours. I will keep monitoring and report back on this thread.